Rasicci Vino Certified DOC / DOCG
Amati's first collection of boutique natural wine - Rasicci wines and exclusive to our Australian customers.
The Rasicci Winery has been producing and marketing wines since 1918, when Pietro Rasicci, grandfather of the current owners, returned from America and bought a farm near Controguerra.(this town name translates to Against War - how beautiful)
Since 2003 the entire farmland of about 3 hectares has been converted to vineyards and olive groves: and it started to bottle their production.
The company uses only native vines such as Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, Trebbiano d'Abruzzo, Pecorino and Passerina.
Emanuele Rasicci, the winemaker, is moving towards a production that is ever more respectful of nature and human health: no harmful products such as synthetic chemistry and herbicides are used in the vineyard; in the cellar since 2011 NO more selected yeasts are used, products of animal origin. Clarifications and filtrations are not made. The added sulphites are about 10 times below the legal limit for organic wines.
The decision not to adopt the organic certification has depended on the lack of credibility of the same.
The goal for the future is to produce an even more natural wine, that shows the territory to which it belongs.
Rasicci Wines are certified with DOC and DOCG. The letters DOC or DOCG on an Italian wine label mean Denominazione di Origine Controllata, and Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita, the latter superior to the first. They refer to government guarantees of the wines’ origins.
About 300 wine growing regions in Italy have the DOC designation, while only 21 have a DOCG label. The DOCG wines conform to DOC laws and in addition are quality tested by government-appointed inspectors.
- 1918 – Pietro Rasicci returned from New York after working there for 15 years. He started cultivating a vineyard from the home land
- 2003 – Starting producing wine in bottles always natural and trying to improve flavour
- 10,000 bottles are produced each year
- Contraguerra –the suburb the wine is located in, means ‘against war’
- Farm stay house has been there for three generations on the hills of Val Vibrata
- Seven Self Contained Apartments
- Museum of Rural civilization
- Privately owned Church
Rasicci Natural Wines have much less SULHURS, then on the prescribed list of organic list
- Vineyard is cultivated with Biological methods (limited to guarantee product)
- Wine has upto 15% alcohol
- Wine is unfiltered or not clarified - making it suitable for vegans as it doesnt come in contact with any animal products.
- Cellar is fitted with modern technology
- No artificial or synthetic chemicals, such as herbicides and pesticides. To keep the weeds and bugs at bay, organic farmers work with nature, rather than against it, by boosting their vineyard’s biodiversity.
- For more information go to http://www.vinirasicci.it/
- Buy now from our shop